Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WELCOME! Travel, travel, travel


Welcome to my site fellow travel bloggers and all others!

I created this site to share my experiences with those of you who might have similar plans for travel. I hope you find my insight on hotels, restaurants/bars, attractions, getting around, etc. useful, as it is provided with first-hand knowledge. I am not an authority on travel, but I love to travel and I know what to expect by observing and taking notes.

I started traveling many years ago when I realized that I did not want to wait until I retired to start doing "retirement activities." Why wait until you retire, when there's so much to see right NOW! So I started my retirement very early. I enjoy traveling very much. From the very moment a trip becomes an idea in my head the excitement lingers until the very end. I love travel even when flights are delayed, when baggage is lost or items are damaged, or even when, as in more recent times, you have to pay for everything including the peanuts. (:

My love of travel has taken me to many countries around the world (some of them twice and more), where I've eaten really good food, stayed in really nice hotels and met very friendly people. But I would be remiss to say that all of my experiences have been good ones. I have also stayed at really bad hotels where friends and I have walked the streets endlessly at night so as to spend as little time as possible in the room, and I've met some very rude people. On longer trips, I have to be budget-minded and have had to split those stays between less expensive and moderately priced hotels.

I enjoy meeting and getting to know new people, while attempting to learn about the culture and a few key phrases of the language. In essence, I make every attempt to absorb the environment that I am in. For me, it is the only way to truly experience the culture. I love the nightlife, but I also enjoy daytime activities. I try not to get carried away when I travel, and to remember that the rest of the world is not on holiday with me.

I recently got married and my husband also enjoys travel. There are still so many more places for us to see and experience together and I don't let the bad experiences hold me back. So, if you are like-minded, then safely spread your wings and soar to 37,000 feet to your next destination. There is so much to see and so much more to experience, that I believe we need two lifetimes to fully appreciate what the world has to offer.

I look forward to your comments and questions and come back often! For more about my travels check out I travel for fun.

NEXT STOP . . .Christmas and New Year's 2008 in Germany (check back in January 2009 for my writeup from this trip). AUF WIEDERSEHEN!!

No comments: